Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Poetic Bloomings -2 Half

 Half State

 

I get into what I call a half-state during those

times I’m sleeping but I want to be up.

My mind gets stuck where dreams

and reality collide. It’s near hallucinating.

I see, hear and feel things that aren’t there.

 

Once when I could hear my family in the kitchen

I was in my bedroom dreaming a fish

was in my bed. I yelled for them to get it out

 but they just laughed. I was furious

and hurt that they wouldn’t come help me.

 

One time I dreamed there was a dwarf in my cupboard.

One time I dreamed that my friend and I were at church.

I told her that this wasn’t real I was in a half state.

She laughed. I asked her what church we were in.

She couldn’t tell me so I knew it wasn’t real.

 

Sometimes I feel my cat sleeping on me

years after the cat had died. I had so many

of these dreams that I’m learning to deal with them.

When I lay down I tell myself that it’s okay

to sleep however long I want to.

 

Even my mind isn’t something that’s dependable,

I must trust in the Lord to keep my sanity.

No comments: