Thursday, June 24, 2021

poetic Asides Poetic Bloomings 21-2 blank me

 Don’t Follow Me

 

Don’t follow me, because I often lose my way.

I aim in the right direction, but find myself off track.

Despite my best intentions, I often go astray.

At times, I’m adrift like a sail boat with no wind.

Nevertheless, I keep going come what may.

At times, I have to double back.

 

Maybe I too often listen to what others say,

Thinking that it’s knowledge that I lack

I look for black and white, but find mere gray

And like the blind man’s friends, wonder who had sinned.

My lifeline has always been to pray.

But it doesn’t take long for things to go out of whack.

 

However, it’s the process day to day.

To learn to tighten up the slack.

Up and down, like spiritual ballet.

Take a guess at what to do then rescind.

To work hard, but have fun and play.

There’s pros and cons of not running with the pack.

No comments: