Saturday, July 10, 2021

Poetic Bloomings Poetic Asides 26-3 blank world

 Dream World

 

I’m glad dreams don’t come true.

If they did, every time I was asked to speak

I’d be naked, chased by bears or abducted by aliens.

My kids would change ages from time to time

and that would be confusing.

I’d be kissing old boyfriends or perfect strangers.

Hubby wouldn’t be too wild about that.

I’d be endlessly walking around my old high school

trying to remember my locker combination,

searching for my next class

or a clean, functioning bathroom.

I’d be wandering around in a house

with hundreds of rooms and floors

and some of the floors would be falling through.

I’d be stuck on mountain tops or tall buildings

and have to jump.

I’d have to take care of mice and I don’t like mice.

Old friends would be popping in, that would be great,

and at times I’d be able to fly, but still,

I’m glad dreams don’t come true.

 

No comments: