Saturday, December 25, 2021

Thursday #1 Poetic Asides Challenge Nov 18

The Week Before Thanksgiving

 

A week before Thanksgiving

and I’m thankful I can visit

with my sisters in California.

 

Thank You for the long walk,

one sister and I

took along the beach yesterday.

 

I loved hearing the waves come in.

and a flock of sea gulls gabbing

with each other on the beach.

 

We spied pelicans

with their distinctive silhouettes

perched on black rocks in the ocean.

 

With delight, we watched

harbor seals pop their heads up

and imagined their fun out there.

 

The hazy sky turned clear blue

showing the mountains

huddled around Carpinteria.

 

Up on the path we walked

among shady eucalyptus

with their fragrance of cough drops.

 

Thank You that I can enjoy

this part of Your creation until we spend

Thanksgiving with our kids in Arizona.


No comments: