Sunday, January 1, 2023

Funny PAD 18-3

 Delayed Conversation

 

Around the dinner table, some in our

tour group talked about the food,

how it was good, but not exceptional.

The young man in our group said,

“At the restaurant we ate at on Monday,

they had a delicious blueberry dessert.”

 

I drew a complete blank. I told them,

“I don’t remember going to a restaurant.”

It’s scary when a memory is completely erased.

My sisters and others in the group

tried to jog my memory with bits of description.

But nothing.

 

I was about to give up when my sister said,

“We had to go down steps.”

Then it came back.

I pictured the table, the steps, the bridge,

the large outdoor buffet and even when one of the ladies

ordered something else because of the flies buzzing about.

 

“I remember!” I exclaimed.

The young man grinned,

“Now that you remember,

(ten minutes later)

they had a delicious blueberry dessert.”

We all laughed.

 

No comments: