Friday, December 29, 2023

introvert/extrovert PAD 21-1

 An Odd Pairing

 

It took me a while

To realize this but

My husband

The life of the party

Loud

In front of the crowd

Hurricane in motion

Booming out his songs

Playing his bass guitar

Preferred to get away

Play solitaire, pray

Read his Bible

Spend a quiet evening at home

He is an extroverted introvert.

 

At church I was known

As the bass player’s wife

Never said anything.

Always listening.

Often overlooked.

But preferring to be with people

Active and laughing with friends

Enjoying life with a partner

Traveling, hiking, exploring.

Eating out

I’m an introverted extrovert.

 

We’ve mellowed out over the years.

He has become more introverted,

I have become more extroverted.

Maybe not so odd of a pairing.

No comments: