Sunday, April 7, 2024

Music Act or Artist PAD 3-1

 The Oregon Trail

 

The song Happy Birthday

keeps running through my head,

from the time I get up,

till the time I go to bed.

 

Our Nature Group “heads west

on the Oregon Trail.”

They made up the words

and sing them so well.

 

To the Happy Birthday tune

with my uke, I play along,

as we sing out the words

of their made-up song.

 

We sing about picking up

buffalo chips for the fire,

eating beans and white rice

and how of walking, they tire.

 

Chasing butterflies,

Playing with their dog,

Running through the prairie,

Jumping off a log.

 

When their wagon train

went down a steep hill,

one of their Conestogas

took a nasty spill.

 

So far there’s seven verses.

I’m sure there’ll be more,

by the time their shoebox wagons

meet the Pacific shore.

No comments: