Friday, July 31, 2026

Second Day in Mesa, UK trip

 June 12, 2026

Just Living Somewhere Else

 

Second day in Mesa,

I cleaned the microwave today.

It looked like something died inside,

And they used it anyway.

 

And then I swept the floor.

 So much cat hair that

When I was done it looked like

I had swept up a whole cat.

 

I kept up on the dishes,

And worshipped as music played,

Mopped the kitchen floor,

While I looked to God and prayed.

 

Daughter called from work.

Her battery had died,

So brother picked up groceries

While I stayed cool inside.

 

Brother brought in the groceries

And I helped put them away.

Daughter made it home

And ended her work day.

 

I made the supper,

Then we watched TV.

And we played Canasta

And she won over me.

 

Then I watched my shows.

Sometimes when I roam,

My day goes just like

It usually does at home.

No comments: