Tuesday, October 6, 2026

September 12th Alaska Trip

 Pre-trip To-do List

 

Regrouping on my to-do list

Nine more days till we leave

I would like to complete my tasks

But that’s hard to conceive

 

I’d like to have the yardwork done

And the house deep cleaned too

And with manuscript publishing

I would like to be through

 

And of course there’s the little things

Set visits to the doc

Clean up some messes including

My haunted bedroom clock

 

The radio turns itself on

I can’t figure out how

So I gave up and pulled the plug

I’ll have to fix it now

 

And speaking of clocks that don’t work

I have one upside down

We couldn’t get it tight enough

And so it swung around

 

And with so all of these to-dos

I sit and write a poem

A lot of them will have to wait

Until we get back home

No comments: