Wednesday, October 7, 2020

A Prayer

 

Rising Above

 

Did you ever feel like a complete flop?

The goofs and failures won’t stop

And even though blessings abound

There all these reason to feel down

I took a nap so I could think straight

But I woke up to a gloomy fate

Why is the world going south?

Why do I feel so down in the mouth?

I’ve got to get a grip and look to the light

Ask Him to give me hearing and sight

God, fill me up with the Holy Ghost

With all my needs I need You the most

So even though I never seem to win

I know that I really do with Him.

Lord, I know all things are possible with You

So please turn off what’s turning me blue

I know like a  fog this funk will lift

And then I’ll think nothing’s better than this

Then hope will rush in followed by laughter

You are the One my heart seeks after

Yes, focusing on You pays

You are the God of highest praise

I will worship You all my days

And seek to follow in Your ways


No comments: