Sunday, October 11, 2020

Poetic Bloomings My House

 My House

 

Before I repainted my house,

after twenty years of wear and tear

of housing two childlike adults

or four counting hubby and me,

 

I made a list of what I wanted

for my house’s personality-or

housinality?: Creative, fun, inviting,

God-glorifying and industrious.

 

Against my carpet -person’s advice,

I painted every room a different color

with the doors matching the room

not each other in the hallway.

 

On the walls and shelves, I have things

reminding me of the people I love

my son and daughter’s toys from the past,

mementos from loved ones long gone,

 

pictures of family and friends  in various locales

Ireland, Scotland, the Caribbean, Canada,

Hawaii, Alaska, North Dakota, Louisiana, Maine

Washington, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Florida,

 

plaques with sayings such as

“Kindness is a  Lifestyle.”

I left a wall for my paintings

and, of course, there’s books everywhere.

 

I now have a patio door and large back porch.

I tried to have a color scheme in each room.

I even invested in a twenty-dollar throw pillow

for the living room that pulled the colors together.

 

Wine, green blue, gold and olive green.

But Hubby found it comfortable in his wheelchair.

Not complaining about it will do for fun,

creative, inviting, God-glorifying and industrious.

No comments: