Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Object poem ballad form

 

Orange Glass Mushroom


Orange mushroom on my dresser top

Of sparkling, see-through glass

Reminding me of a dear friend

And times we’ve had in past

 

I met her in the seventh grade

Our friendship bonded fast

We hiked and biked and talked all night

A friendship that would last

 

We had adventures in the woods


Watched football games for fun

And as a two-headed monster

We "Halloweened" as one

 

Dad called us twin thermometers

Because we were so thin

And then we got obsessed with boys

Double dates to begin

 

Then went to a small Bible group

and learned from Pastor Smith

Said yes to the Lord the same night

It wasn’t just a myth

 

We read the Bible together

For the very first time

And laughed so hard at drowning pigs

With no reason or rhyme

 

Because a woman lost her shoe--

A painting on our wall

We laughed so much that fateful night

My mom thought we would fall

 

Then Sis and I we moved out west

Nebraska became home

My dear friend joined us for a while

When she began to roam

 

We say hello on Facebook now

And though we live apart

The orange glass mushroom shows

She lives within my heart

 

 

No comments: