Friday, April 16, 2021

Poetic Asides Contdown 2-3 Almost

 Almost There

 

Are we there yet? I wish I had a dollar for every time my parents heard that from their five daughters when on vacation. And that was just for short trips, usually one to two hours, six or seven at most. They’d say, “We’re almost there.” Then I grew up, moved 2,000 miles away from home. When we took the kids on vacation to see grandparents, we had two or three days of driving. I learned from my parents. “Almost there,” just invites more questions. So we got in the car and said, “We’re going to drive, and drive, and drive, and drive, and drive, and drive and drive. Then we’ll go to the bathroom and get gas and drive, and drive, and drive some more. When we said we’re almost there, it was usually when we entered the road on which their grandparents lived.

 

How much longer, Lord?

We have lived and lived and lived

Are we almost there?  

No comments: