Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Poetic Asides/ Poetic Bloomings 10-1 Get blank

 Get Saved Stuff Out of the Garage 

 

A mass of boxes in the garage, looking like the Wall of China

B oxes of stuff accumulated over the years

C ollected for some unknown reason, or more like a million unknown reasons

D eposited in our garage where our car should reside. Sports

E quipment from days gone by, computer paraphernalia, tools, ad infinitum

F orgotten and stashed away, waiting for the day that

G radually moves down the to-do list waiting for the perfect time

H oarded—should I dare say that? Surely I’m not a hoarder?

I don’t consider myself such, I’ll blame my husband.  It may be

J unk, but it’s good junk. We might need it someday. Stuff

K ept for that “someday” rarely makes an appearance when you need it.

L ater. It’s all waiting for later. No

M atter what is going on in our lives, later is always later.

N ow, can we get to all those saved things and unsave them?  We’re thankful to be home

O wners. But our settling in has left us with this unsettled  

P lace. It’s up to me. It’s

Q uite a mess and haunting me like a ghost. I

R eally made some first attempts. It’s like the

S ituation with my crawl space.

T aking time to clean out

U nder the house seemed like an impossibility, till we went on

V acation and the washing machine hose broke and

W ater flooded the crawl space ruining most of what was stored. I half

eX pect something bad to happen to the garage if I don’t do something soon. This

Y ear I’m determined to get that saved stuff out of the garage with some

Z eal, vim and vigor.

 

No comments: