Friday, April 1, 2022

gift Poetic Bloomings

 

People, Places and Weather

 

I’m in a large building, kind of cold, but warmer than upstairs where we slept last night.  It’s an old church camp, a mixture of the broken down, and the newly restored.  My niece, employed and living at the camp in northern Nebraska, just left with a crockpot of chicken and rice she made for church. My other niece, visiting from Ireland, works with her new Irish husband in the kitchen operating the commercial dishwasher. My sister, upstairs, tries to coax enough hot water out to have a bath. We stayed up late last night, having a good time, playing games. What poultry doesn’t lay eggs? I had them stumped until they finally guessed rooster. We had a good laugh. We just devoured a delicious breakfast of scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, potatoes, English muffins, orange juice and mint tea prepared in a large kitchen filled with shiny stainless-steel appliances and food-prep tables. We’ll be getting ready for church in a little bit. We’ll meet my niece at a bridge where they fasten locks and make wishes, actually in South Dakota, being close to the border. I’ve been on this trip for two weeks now, seeing son and daughter in Mesa, where I left my husband in their care, visiting all four of my sisters, nieces, nephews, great nieces and great nephew in Lincoln and Adams Nebraska. Now four of us temporarily reside at this camp. The day after tomorrow, Lord willing, another sis and I will fly to Florida. I’m looking forward to some sunshine after the rain, snow, sleet and wind we’ve experienced here.

 

They’re all precious gifts

People, places and weather

And times together

No comments: