Friday, March 15, 2024

Poem a day

 Seven Coats

 

My purple, lined, hoodie

Very comfy cozy

I wear to the mail box

To take the chill off

 

My black winter wool one

My daughter passed to me

Nice enough to wear to church

When winter visits once again

 

My brown leather coat

Makes me feel so chic

With its brown faux fur collar

Perfect for forties and fifties

 

My new wine ski jacket

Water proof, fur-lined

Good for any weather

Though the pockets are too shallow

 

My navy rain coat with zippers and snaps

Don’t let the term “rain coat” fool you

I wore it in France and got soaked to the bone

But it’s nice to stop the breezes on a spring day

 

My pink coat, my best all-weather one

But getting old and worn

I complained the whole time in rainy France

That I hadn’t brought it along and got sick

 

My blue jacket made of hoodie fabric

But no hood, just a zipper down the front

Just right for inside when the mornings are chilly

My sister gave it to me which makes it special

 

Seven coats lined up on the back of my couch

In this crazy spring weather, it’s hard to choose

Which one I need when I venture out of the house

A few more months and most will return to the closet

No comments: