Friday, July 12, 2024

vehicle Poetic Asides

 Karmen Ghia

 

My sis had her own little car

A Volkswagen Karmen Ghia.

A two-seater with shelf in back,

Having it was a great idea.

 

One dark night, we hopped in the car,

But both seats were left down.

We fell in back and laughed a lot

We each felt like a clown.

 

One icy night our six-foot neighbor

Scrunched on the back shelf.

Looking back, I’m not sure why

I didn’t sit there myself.

 

But while Sis drove, I scraped the ice

To guide her by the line.

The neighbor guy scrunched in back,

He began to whine.

 

“It doesn’t bother me that I can’t see,

but I know you can’t see either.”

We made it safely to the class in town

And so we had a breather.

 

Years later, one fateful day,

Sis was in an accident.

Too bad she couldn’t keep the car;

Today it’s worth a mint.

No comments: