Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Poetic Bloomings exit

 Exits

 

In a few days I’ll be making my exit

from my small town in Colorado

which I’ve been so busy in

and leaving it all behind,

well most of it anyway.

I’ll still have writing assignments

I’ll be working on in my motel rooms.

From Wyoming, I’ll watch for the right  exits

along I80 and meet three sisters in Nebraska.

 

Then we’ll watch for more exits

until we meet our oldest sister,

whom we’re all going to see in Ohio

before she makes her final exit,

hopefully that’s not an exit

in the near future.

 

Maybe on the way back

I’ll meet a special poet friend.

Then I’ll exit that Colorado town once again

and retrieve my husband who I left

sweltering in Phoenix heat,

 of which he’ll gladly exit

for Colorado mountains.

Lord willing, of course.

No comments: