Tuesday, October 5, 2021

With

 With You

 

I close my eyes and picture You

in your white robe standing over me saying,

“I am the First and the Last,

the Alpha and the Omega.”

You’re smiling.

You reach Your hand out to me.

I join You in the sunshine and clouds.

We travel to Heaven where I meet people

I miss now and ones I’ve only heard about.

They’re all laughing. When I come in,

they look at me with broad smiles.

I go around to each one, greeting them.

How wonderful to reconnect with loved ones,

like Mom and Dad and Grandma and Grandpa Shannon,

Pappap and Grandma Hurst, Uncle Gib and Aunt Sara.

I meet Bill, Dorothy, Bobby and Olive,

Dad’s brothers and sisters who died before I was born.

I laugh with Olive about most of my life

hearing that her name was Viola.

You are standing aside watching me, smiling.

Then you take me by the hand

and show me beautiful scenery,

a bridge over a creek,

huge boulders and beautiful trees,

even more beautiful than the ones on Earth.

I realize you are showing me in Heaven

my favorite things here on Earth.

You laugh and say, “Welcome home!

Your time there on earth was just a fleeting moment.

Here you live forever and won’t have time nipping

at your heels like some little yipper dog.”

Thank You, Lord, that I have all eternity

to enjoy life with You.

No comments: