Thursday, February 17, 2022

End of Year poem

 

Goodbye 2021

 

Goodbye 2021

A mixed bag of good and bad

I look back with fondness

0f the travels I’ve had.

 

We began the year in Mesa

We had a nice trip

Despite Lori’s cat Boo

Getting very sick

 

In June I saw most of my family

From Arizona to Ohio

Worth those many miles

Though a long way to go

 

In fall, Arizona and California

Two sisters, my daughter and son

Warm weather and the beach

We all had lots of fun.

 

I bought a concert ukulele

Pineapple in shape

I play in my office

When I have time to escape

 

My niece married Josh

In Ireland, they reside

A beautiful wedding

And a beautiful bride

 

I’m a thankful for the time

I spent with Lorraine

A dear friend who I helped

But in the end was pain

 

COVID caught her

And she almost got by

But in the end, it won

It was our time to cry

 

 I spent my time writing,

Cleaning and cooking meals

Going to church and praying

Watching Jake with his squeals

 

 

 

I bid you farewell

Twenty-twenty one

I’m thankful God used you

Through sorrow and some fun

No comments: