Friday, February 18, 2022

New Year poem

 Hello 2022

Hello Twenty Twenty-two.

I’ve got places to go, things to do.

Adventures to have, people to meet.

Tasks and projects to complete.

 

A God who listens, loves and cares.

I don’t want to be caught unawares.

So be kind, New Year, and please be good.

I’ll try to act in ways I should.

 

Will you be the year that brings COVID defeat?

Will all around the world have enough to eat?

Will my sister and I travel as planned?

Or will we be stuck in our home land?

 

Will I learn to play the ukulele better?

When I paint, will my water look wetter?

Will publishers be looking for me?

Will I learn to dance, happy and free?

 

Will my prayers be answered one by one?

Will my summer be filled with joy and fun?

Will my autumn be memorable in brilliant color?

Will my winter be warm like no other?

 

Will the Holy Spirit be poured out in spring?

In worship will I shout, dance and sing?

Will I hear His voice and obey?

Will I love Him faithfully every day?

 

So here’s to you 2022,

To the good and bad, old and new.

May you bring happiness and prosperity,

Especially those who are dear to me.

No comments: