Sunday, October 9, 2022

Avoidance Poetic Asides Divine Collins

 

Avoiding Overwhelm  

 

To-dos pile up like food on glutton's plate

I know that overwhelm is bad for fate

For it can stop me dead still in my tracks

So much to do that I become too lax

Like poets dare to come up with a rhyme

I’ll take each step of my to-do’s in time

 

And so my goal is to prioritize

All those great tasks that lie before my eyes

But it is easier to say than do

To keep what’s most important in plain view

From the mundane to the grand and sublime

I’ll take each step of my to-do’s in time

 

Some little things should not be overlooked

Take time for fun before you’re overbooked

Small kindnesses are icing on the cake

Great value for the little time they take

Yes, strengthening relationships is prime

So take each step of your to-do’s in time

No comments: