Friday, October 21, 2022

line from a poem Poetic Bloomings

 

My Spirit Rejoices

 

Mary’s Song, Luke 1:47-48: My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for has been mindful of the humble state of his servant.

 

From the baby in the womb

To the old man with his cane

God is able to love each one

And He knows them all by name

 

From microscopic elements

To the universe so grand

He’s able to fit each one of us

Into His wise and loving plan

 

From the plants and animals

To the stars up above

Our God is big enough

To extend to us His love

 

He’s mindful of our comings

And our goings and our trials

He is mindful of our quirks

Our sadness and our smiles

 

So my soul glorifies the Father

My spirit rejoices in my Lord

I delight in His holiness

He’s One to be adored

No comments: