Saturday, December 3, 2022

struggle PAD 10-1

 Traveling Eve Struggles

 

A whole day

to get ready 

in Lincoln for our flight.

That’s plenty of time

to tie up loose ends,

I thought.

I had to make a few calls,

repack my bag

and help my sister

take her husband

to respite care.

 

We didn’t expect

her and her husband

being up all night

and him not taking his bath

till morning.

Or the plumber coming

so I couldn’t repack

my stuff in the basement.

Or my having to take a COVID test

because my vaccine

was less than two weeks ago,

and it took about an hour of phone calls

to find someone

that could do it that day.

Or my sister losing her car keys.

Or her forgetting her checkbook

and her driving across town

to get it while I unpacked for him.

 

Somehow, despite our struggles,

 I got my test

and settled her husband in respite.

After a good Mexican meal

we went home and found the keys

in one of her shoes.

And we had a good laugh.

I got packed up.

We played a couple of games.

She got to bed late.

But we made on time

to the Lincoln airport.

 

 

No comments: