Wednesday, August 12, 2026

England to Wales

 June 24, 2026

First Day in Wales

 

Woke up at six in Keswick England

of the Lake District. Ate the usual,

except pancakes instead of a muffin.

We drove through miles of scenery,

green hills, rock walls, trees and lakes,

with occasional sheep and Highland cows.

 

We drove to the Bodnant Gardens in North Wales.

At lunch, I had a ham and cheese toastie,

their name for grilled sandwiches or paninis.

We started out on the garden walk,

snapping pictures of beautiful flowers,

but searching for a restroom cut our time short.

 

We drove for another hour to North Wales.  

There’s a train from Caernarfon to Porthmadog,

where I had spent a few days, years ago.

Found out it’s pronounced Port Mad-dig.

We walked in town and about roasted.

They were having record heat, in the nineties.

 

We met the group for dinner by the port.

I had delicious bass and sweet potato fries.

The chili yogurt sauce was too spicy for me.

Lavon and I walked back to our room,

settled in, played games and crashed.

We walked 10,600 steps that day.

 

 

 

No comments: