Thursday, August 20, 2026

Mesa Baywood Hospital

 

July 2

 

Unexpected Tour

 

We went to Scotland

And toured castles, some in ruins.

We went to England’s Lake district

And heard the ducks sing their tunes

 

In Wales, we toured the gardens,

Rode a train, ate some food.

I avoided the blood pudding,

Though they said it’s very good.

 

This all was in the plans

For the trip to the UK,

But what I didn’t expect

Was at Mesa for a stay.

 

I woke up rather dizzy,

With my head off kilter.

My daughter said your pulse is low.

In the hospital, you’ll get better.

 

So there I was in an MRI

With a board for a bed,

Listening to the bangs and clangs

To see if something’s in my head.    

 

I was poked and prodded

All through my four-day stay

I’m bruised like I’ve been fighting

An evil enemy all day.

 

Then I’m walking down the hallway

With gown flapping in the breeze.

And I’m sure that all that showed

Wasn’t just my knobby knees.

 

Tomorrow I’m headed home

And then a new trip is in store

But I pray next time I’ll skip

The hospital’s four-day tour.

No comments: