Monday, August 10, 2026

The Hebrides, Scotland

 

June 22, 2026

Mull and Iona

 

I had never been to the Hebrides,

And I was eager to go.

We boarded a ferry boat.

It was pleasant as it was slow.

 

We landed on the island of Mull,

Then loaded up on the bus.

Lavon and I sat top front,

Which was lucky for us

 

Through green hills, lakes and rocks,

There seemed to be a code,

on how traffic maneuvered

on the narrow, one-lane road.

 

Then we took another ferry

To the Island of Iona,

Scotland’s birthplace of the Church.

It had its own persona.

 

Stone walls lined the roads,

Along with colorful flowers,

Old stone buildings, an ancient church,

That spoke of higher powers.

 

We watched the boats sail on the bay

As we waited for the boat.

Then back to Mull and Oban

With Jan’s story while we were afloat.

 

It was a satisfying day

Which we finished off with dinner.

Touring the isles of the Hebrides

Was certainly a winner.

No comments: