Saturday, December 7, 2019

PAD 13-1 persona


Rhoda
(Acts 12)

I had worked for them honestly.
I’d never been lazy.
There they were all staring at me
and said I’d gone crazy.

I answered a knock at the door
and I heard Peter’s voice.
There was no question in my mind,
but I made a dumb choice.

I left poor Peter standing there,
excited that he came.
I went and told them the great news.
They gasped at Peter’s name.

King Herod’s soldiers had killed James
and then took Peter, too.
We were afraid that he’d be dead
before the night was through.

So we all met at Mary’s house.
Were on our knees in prayer.
And that is when I heard him knock
then left him standing there.

They thought I was stark raving mad.
“It’s him!” I insisted.
He kept on knocking until they
no longer resisted.

They went to the outer entrance
and let dear Peter in.
“An angel came and rescued me,”
he told them with a grin.

All of their mouths fell open as
he stood before their eyes.
We prayed for him the whole night long,
so why were they surprised?




No comments: