Tuesday, January 5, 2021

PAD 22-1 birds

 Birds

 

My mother was afraid of birds. When one would get into the house, Mom would go into near hysterics. She would put something over her head and run out of the house. When she was little, she was frightened by a chicken flying in her face. My sister says she remembers chickens with their heads off running through our grandfather’s yard. It gave her nightmares.

 

Feathers flapping fear

Formed from a child to adult

No birds at our house

 

In junior high, it felt kind of weird to get to know my best friend’s mom. She loved birds. She’d find them wounded in the yard or out in the street and bring them in and nurture them back to health. Walking in the house, you could always hear a bird chirping. I knew my mom would never visit there.

 

Identical birds

Could cause terror or delight

Interpretation

No comments: