Monday, January 25, 2021

PAD 29-1 Wanting Blank

 I Shall Not Want

 

When I was little I didn’t go to church,

except for a few times with my mom.

I remember sitting by her in the pew

coloring on the bulletin with an ink pen,

wondering why the church wanted a preacher

with a speech impediment and was hard to understand.

I also marveled that Mom had a good singing voice.

She didn’t sing much at home. Maybe with taking care

of me and my four sisters, she didn’t feel like singing.

 

Most of the Bible that I knew I heard on TV.

In Christmas specials, the story of Jesus

was mixed in with reindeer and Santa Claus.

The Bible verse that popped up most often

was, “The Lord, is my shepherd I shall not want.”

I wondered why no one wanted Him.

Later on in life, I figured out that I did want Him

and most wonderful of all He wanted me.

The Lord is my shepherd, I will not lack anything.

No comments: