Friday, February 5, 2021

Poetic Bloomings Haibun with Christmas song title.

 O, Christmas Tree

 

I love sitting here in the evening, in my comfy chair, looking at the Christmas tree lit with tiny lights, packed full of ornaments from long ago that my son and daughter made when they were little: ceramic ice skaters they painted, an ice cream cone with cotton ice cream, a dough art wise man, a Star of David made of popsicle sticks. Ornaments from the trips I’ve been on: Santa and his wife in swim suits from the Virgin Islands, a bagpiper from Scotland, a whale from Friday Harbor, Washington, a moose from Victoria, Canada, Santa riding a polar bear from Alaska, kissing puffins from Bar Harbor Maine. Ornaments from family and friends: a snowman, a Lion King mask, a poinsettia made of crawdad claws, a ceramic dolphin. A purple Grand Canyon University ornament I got when I finally graduated from college at the age of 59. Fragile antique ornaments: a little angel encased in plastic, a glass ornament with a crown, a glass mama and baby bear bell. O Christmas tree, how lovely are your branches.

 

Twenty-five years old

Losing needles every year

Holding memories

No comments: