Friday, March 18, 2022

Chanso Poetic Asides

 

Spring

 

The springs in Colorado, full of snow

So Phoenix is a lovely place to go

To see my daughter and my son awhile

It’s sure to bring a good time with a smile

 

But then there is Lincoln, Nebraska spring

Where sisters will meet up by taking wing

But California sister is delayed

For Colorado snow will be displayed

 

The Lincoln rains arrive, periodic 

Which make our picnic plans so chaotic

The flowers in my sister’s yard arrive

They struggle like an orphan to survive

 

But this is not where I’m going to stay

One sister and I will be on our way

We’re headed to Florida on a plane

Spring there will be a mix of sun and rain

 

From mountains, desert, plains and sandy beach

A varied type of spring weather for each

There’s snow, and sun, and wind, and fog and rain

One after another like a long train

 

My spring this year will be a mixed-up lot

And hopefully a spring that time forgot

No comments: