Thursday, March 24, 2022

chanso Poetic Asides

 

Connection

 

I do not know you well

But a connection’s there

Our eyes meet with a smile

In yours, I see warm care

 

You gave a scarf today

When they were all for sale

I purchased candles, two

I bought them for the smell

 

No, not for scent alone

Their fragrance cheers my heart

But to return friendship

That flourished from the start

 

I wonder how it works

When meeting the first time

Some become friends fast, with

no reason and no rhyme

 

Some friendships take some time

Are molded like stiff clay

But through the ups and downs

May each go their own way

 

It is as if we’ve been

Dear friends from long ago

It is a mystery

I’m thankful, ever so

 

Though I don’t know you well

It’s as clear as a bell

Our friendship will not fail

No comments: