Friday, March 25, 2022

Chanso

 

At the Airport

 

The flight from Phoenix went so well

And here I sit to wait next flight

My almonds gone, Fig Newtons too.

I people watch within my sight.

 

Face masks required not all pay heed

And other folks seem not to mind

I fidget with mine, on and off

Most people act patient and kind

 

Some people read and some crochet

And some play games on their smart phones

Some run by so as not to be late

Sounds of beeps and various tones

 

I drink my water, type my words

And so I hurry up and wait

The clock ticks minutes slowly by

I wonder if I’m at right gate

 

I’m not so great at jumping hoops

I think I’ll stroll and check the sign

I’ll put my laptop in its case

And go to restrooms one more time

 

I’ll see my smiling sisters soon

I haven’t seen them since last June.

No comments: