Friday, March 18, 2022

Happy Poetic Asides

 Smiles are More than Saying Cheese

 

What makes me smile, I have to think.

A sunny day and a cold drink

Time with friends, receiving a gift

Helping out or giving a lift

Getting an acceptance letter

When the sick feel a lot better

When someone likes a poem I wrote

Seeing dolphins leap by my boat

Pushing myself to my limits

Making the most of my minutes

Dancing, singing, riding my bike

Playing my uke, taking a hike

Swimming, walking along the beach

Listening to my pastor preach

Hearing a joke, winning a prize

Up in a plane in the blue skies

When numbers go down on my scales

Listening to interesting tales

To hold a puppy or a child

To have adventures, fun and wild

Travel with friends to somewhere new

The feeling when a project’s through

When someone cares and prays for me

Being with friends and family.

No comments: