Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Aug 3 PA trip

 

August 3, 2026

 

Play Day

 

Today we had a fun day

A time to relax and play

We had a cook out

Calories—look out!

Someday we’ll have to pay

 

We got in the bumper boats

It putts, bumps and floats

We giggled and laughed

And gave them gas

We all became cut throats

 

We raced go carts around the track

I was in the one near the back

All soon zipped around

To speed they were bound

For my slowness I caught some flak

 

And then we stacked up our gifts

The bean auction our spirit lifts

We bid our beans for fun

And got gifts one by one

And then our adventure shifts

 

We practice the swimming sports

I’m glad no one reports

Since my pants were soaked

It seemed like a joke

When I wore Hubby’s swim shorts

 

And then the gift exchange

Some of the gifts may seem strange

But most were quite nice

At such a low price

And they covered a great range

 

Fun was had by one and all

The Shannons have a ball

We don’t know when

We’ll be together again

But we can always text, email and call

 

 

No comments: