Saturday, September 12, 2026

July 31 PA trip

 

A Rainy Day

 

Leaving Davenport in the rain

Driving it was a great pain

Then Eli took over

In the back I took cover

And I didn’t drive that day again.

 

A funny thing happened today

As we stopped along the way

To move the car near

For his dad so dear

He ended up on the highway

 

He had to find an exit then

He drove the other way again

So Loren and I sat

Till Eli came back

So now we’ve collected our men

 

In Indiana we saw lots of farmland

Where horses and buggies aren’t banned

They go trotting by

While we’re on the fly

Then it was nice to get out, walk and stand

 

We made it to the Hotel at seven

The Applebee food was like Heaven

Then we relaxed in our room

And slept none to soon

Then I didn’t get up till 8:10.

 

 

 

 

No comments: