Thursday, September 17, 2026

Fantasy, Poetic Asides, PA trip

 

8/5/26

 

Woodland Creatures

 

Our Airbnb in Pennsylvania

lies at the edge of a forest

where just about anything

can be hiding.

 

Fairies, aliens, Bigfoot?

Or at least bear, deer and rabbits.

 

My daughter and I

wandered through the woods,

following paths leading nowhere.

 

We saw a rock

with a hole dug at the base

housing some kind of critter.

 

We saw a fence

With a plastic owl

perched on each post.

One owl’s head fell off.

 

I can imagine

a real owl cozying up,

thinking it found its mate

and oh, what a shock!

 

I can relate somewhat

since my husband

had two strokes.

He had a problem

with his head, too.

 

We snapped pictures,

but didn’t see any photo bombs

from fairies, aliens, Bigfoot

or bear, deer and rabbits.

 

But we had a nice walk

while the rest of our reunion family

scattered hither to yon

until their return this evening.

 

 

 

No comments: