Friday, August 25, 2023

A Note Poetic Asides

 Dear Hubby,

 

I’ll be seeing you in two days.

I’m about to embark on a thirty-some hour trip

back from Peru to southwest Colorado

and I’m exhausted already.

I had forgotten how this high temp and humidty

can zap the strength right out of you.

But first the baptismal service by the Nanay river

that flows into the Amazon.

We have been busy blowing up balloons,

sorting books, filling bags full of groceries,

going to church services

and interacting with 400 or so kids.

We had our fun too

and the highlight for me

was holding a baby sloth.

I also surprised my sisters

by holding one very large anaconda.

We did a lot of walking

and twice I rode in a mototaxi

which is a motorcycle pulling a buggy.

So, Lord willing, see you soon, hubby.

Love, wifey

No comments: