Saturday, August 26, 2023

Peru Trip Day 7

 

Sidelined

 

The trots, the runs

Montezuma’s revenge

I had to stay home

and not roam with the rest,

Inviting kids to VBS.

 

Took a little nap till lunch.

Missionary Mike picked up

the ladies who stayed behind.

 

Had the second VBS.

This time inside the church.

I didn’t know that

and wondered why

we were just sitting there

when it was time to start,

not realizing it had already started.

 

We stayed and worshipped with them,

standing room only,

until we could take the heat no more.

 

We put sticks on the balloons

we had blown up earlier.

Then when VBS let out

you could see balloons

bobbing everywhere.

 

Walked to restaurant.

Quarter pounder

Half pounder

I was confused

when I was asked about chicken.

I was expecting hamburgers.

 

Back ached from standing on cement floor.

Rode back in motocar.

Skipped dessert, glad to be “home.”

No comments: