Monday, August 21, 2023

Peru Trip Day 4

 Fun Day 

 

I saw the cutest little face today.

I was able to cross an item off my bucket list.

I held a sloth.

 

They wrap their arms around your neck

and lean against your shoulder like a baby.

It melted my heart.

 

It was a baby with a little round head,

about the size of a softball.

His head was dark brown

from the forehead up

and framing the face.

 

His face was beige

with dark eyes,

a big round black nose

and dark fur around its dark lips

which were turned up into a smile.

The rest of him was dark brown

with beige mixed in.

 

Beautiful coat,

softer than I thought it would be.

Maybe he’ll develop coarse hair

that sloths are known for as he ages.

Long toe nails for clinging and climbing.

One of the most endearing creatures

I’ve ever met.

 

What a fun day we had!

Besides the sloth, we held a parrot,

a prehistoric turtle,

and one long, heavy anaconda.

 

We rode on a rickety boat on the Amazon,

sang and danced with the Bora people.

shopped for their hand-crafted souvenirs.

 

Ate a huge lunch, sampled ceviche.

Stuck my feet in the Amazon.

Wonderful day!

Later that night,

we stuffed ourselves with pizza.

No comments: