Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Peru Trip Day 5

 Church

 

A bit of a mix up with missionary Sonja.

I understood her to say

we were having breakfast at the church.

She meant the kids were.

She actually didn’t answer my question.

So, no breakfast.

I was grateful though.

I was still stuffed with pizza.

 

We bussed to the bright, yellow-orange church

It was going full bore,

full of singing children.

Sunday mornings were for the kids.

They clapped while we walked through.

 

We went upstairs to see the construction site.

Going up the steep rail-less stairs

and standing on the hot concrete,

any thoughts of being on

the construction team disappeared.

I wouldn’t have survived.

 

We filled bags with groceries

and waited.

Had lunch: meat and starches.

Helped with the dishes.

 

Had the afternoon free.

Napped.

Worked on poetry.

Sent emails to hubby and others.

 

Had dinner at hotel.

Had some kind of orange,

cold, mashed-potato concoction.

It was pretty good.

More meats and starches.

 

Went to church

which was built like a brick oven.

For three hours we worshipped

and sweat buckets.

I enjoyed singing along in Spanish

which I can read.

I understood the songs

for the most part.

Celebrated 25 years for the church.

 

Went home charbroiled and exhausted.

No comments: