Saturday, September 21, 2013

free verse

Writer’s Conference

Feeling down
Feeling blue
Where can I go but to You?
Am I a has been?
A never been?
Remember when I became a good shot
at basketball?
I even made a basket full court once.
But then I took a basketball class.
They tried to teach me to shoot correctly.
When it was all done
I could shoot neither way.
Is that happening with my writing?
Lord, show me the correct way
for me.
You are a wise teacher
and the best parent.
You know me more than I know myself.
God, I give my writing
and all that entails to You.
Lead me, guide me, fill me.
Let what comes out be my voice
in You, originating from Your heart.
For my writing, my hope is in You
as it is with anything else.
I love You, Lord,
I’m no longer blue.
You lift me up.

Joy!

No comments: