Sunday, March 29, 2015

from my quiet time

God is Faithful

How many times have I tried to get up early
to pray and have either fallen asleep,
or have become distracted by family or Facebook?
So many times that I don’t feel guilty about it anymore.
Because I know that though I’m not faithful, God always is.
If I send my Z’s to heaven I know He’s there still loving me.
If a family member stands before me,
I know that He himself may have sent them my way.
And if I get distracted by Facebook,
I know He’s even there, teaching me, loving me
through my “friends”, or loving them through me.
And when I do have a truly quiet time,
when all my attention is on Him,
He’s faithfully waiting, keeping His promise
to draw close to me as I draw close to Him.
He’s faithful to listen attentively to my prayers and answer them.
He’s faithful to fill me with the Holy Spirit when I ask Him to.
He’s faithful to comfort and strengthen me.
And I always wonder why I haven’t run to Him sooner,
why I let myself be so caught up with this life.
And I ask Him to forgive me for being too in love with the world.
And He’s so faithful that He does. 

No comments: