Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

Hello 2018

2017 bumped along from the highs
of graduation, trips to Mesa, Greeley,
Montrose and Honolulu, two weddings,
and seeing all my sisters twice,
to the lows of losing a writing job,
hubby’s two strokes and resulting disabilities,
saying goodbye our hosts home client
and half our income, making it difficult
to take trips, remodel the house,  
buy a new car and complete projects.

But 2018, I have the same hope
entering you as I had in entering
your brother. Jesus is my hope
and my rock. Eternal things
and God’s will are really what
matters. So our physical health,
how much money we have
whether or not we can go anywhere
are secondary to my hope
of eternal life with the Holy Trinity.

As long as I have you here on earth,  
I’ll do my best to know God
and make Him known.
To keep fit in order to do God’s will.
To maintain loving relationships.
To go with the flow with a good attitude.
To not forsake my brothers and sisters in Jesus.
To use my writing skill and the gifts
of the Holy Spirit and whatever I have
and can do to love God and others.

So I greet you 2018 with a little excitement
and a little trepidation. Let’s make the best of it
to God’s honor and glory and praise
because He is worthy of all worship
and our complete and unreserved devotion.

No comments: