Thursday, May 24, 2018

PAD 18 temptation


Desires by Connie Peters
After "I Ask You" by Billy Collins
A Golden Shovel poem

Sometimes I wonder what
I would have if I could have anything. I picture it like a scene
from a movie. I would be thin and rich and riding along in my sports car. I would
be cruising by the ocean on a spring day. I
would have the radio turned up, not a care in the world. I would want
a companion or two, perhaps a different one every day from past friends to
my current relationships. I would be
happy and occupied in writing things I want to write and enveloped
in a life that’s fun and fulfilling. I’d go kayaking in
the ocean and have beach parties in the sand with guitars playing and more
delicious food than I could possibly eat. But better than
that would be living whatever life, knowing God designed me to do this.

No comments: