Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Poem Away Spanish and from my devo


In Search of My New Normal

I no longer host two clients with developmental disabilities,
giving me more time.
I graduated from completing my college degree,
giving me more time.
I have been staying home more,
giving me more time.
Sometimes I think God has given me an empty plate.  
Now  I can travel more.
Now I can learn Spanish. 
Now I can finish those books I started reading.
Now I can get back to my writing.
Now I can organize all of my poems.
Now I can take new writing courses.
Now I can participate in an exercise program.
Now I can cook nutritious meals.
Now I can catch up on the housework I’ve neglected.
Now I can do all those photography projects I’ve been postponing.
Now I can finally put a yard in and paint my living room door.
Now I can study the Bible more.
Now I can be more involved in church.
Now I can learn to play the ukulele, draw and paint more.
Now I care for my hubby, a two-time stroke survivor.
Now I deal with health issues of my own.
Now I have to figure out how to earn an income.
All of a sudden my empty plate is stacked like one at a Baptist potluck.
So I take a bite at a time,
trusting God that I will eventually find my new normal.

No comments: