Monday, September 7, 2020

PAD 9 Poetic Bloomings Pick a line


Kindness Thrives

“I’ve always depended on the kindness of strangers.” ~A Streetcar Named Desire

I’ve traveled into every state
And met all kinds, I’m sure.
And though bad apples do exist
Great kindness does endure.

In Delaware the locals came
And had a barbecue,
Went swimming and played hide and seek.
We had a lot to do.

On choir tour, we went down south.
The church folks welcomed us
With yummy food and nice clean beds
Till we got on our bus.

One summer in Wyoming state
I soon felt right at home.
I met a man and married him
Together we did roam.

We honeymooned for thirty days
And met a lot of friends
And relatives who took us in.
Made memories with no end.

Alaska, Hawaii and Maine
And Arizona too.
Met kindness everywhere we went
From our friends, old and new.

From east to west, and north to south
 In mountains, deserts, plains,
We know that hate tucks tail and runs
When loving kindness reigns.

No comments: