Sunday, March 31, 2024

stornello form Poetic Bloomings

 On this Easter Morning

 

On this Easter morning, wake me up, I pray.

With bleary eyes, I’m trying to start my day.

I’m Your child, but I feel like a lump of clay.

 

Since You made Adam from dust, I have hope still.

Mold me and form me, according to Your will.

Breathe in me life, may the Holy Spirit fill.

 

You’re still in the business of raising the dead.

I’m encouraged by the Scriptures I have read.

We did have death, but You gave us life instead.

 

And as we celebrate the day You arose,

We belong to You, from our heads to our toes.

Your blood purchased us from the enemy’s woes.

 

Holy Father, thanks for the gift of Your Son.

“It is finished,” He had said. So it is done.  

Through His sacrifice, we have already won.

 

And so, this Easter Morning as we arise,

Through Jesus, we have found favor in Your eyes,

And have eternal hope when the body dies.

No comments: