Saturday, May 7, 2011

Big Tent Prompt -- Revise something old

I have this laid out for a pic book. I wrote this several years ago and just did some fine tuning. I'll probably add some more scenes.



On the Way to the Parade


On the way to the parade, Jimmy and I marched down the street,

looking up in the sky and saw feathery clouds all shapes and sizes.

We saw a bee buzzing a rose

and a dog who licked my nose.

We saw a mommy and her child dressing up, taking curtsies and bows. They laughed at each other

waved at us and smiled.

A sprinkler also waved to the left and right.

Jimmy and I tried with all our might not to get wet.

We didn’t the first, or second but on the third we did a bit.

A mother duck and her babies waddled along. They were heading for the city pond.

Cars stopped and honked their horns, as they made a parade of their own.

When we got to the parade, we didn’t have to wait. Though we started out early, we ended up late.

We got there to hear the last fire siren,

but we didn’t mind, because we had a good time on the way to the parade.

2 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, this is cute! Nicely done...

Henry Clemmons said...

I love looking at clouds too. Who needed the parade? It had already been a day.

Henry Clemmons
http://henryclemmonspoet.blogspot.com/2011/05/rock-star-big-tent-poetry-may-6-2011.html